Watercraft Superstore has everything you need to latch your PWC, whether it is a dock, lift, or even the bottom of the lake, we can help. With a variety of different style jet ski anchors, floats, and line, we're confident we have what you need. If you need to tie up to a dock or lift, choose from our selection of lines specifically for jetskis. We also carry several excellent choices for floating docks and PWC lifts including:
Some Interesting Anchor Terminology and Facts
Modern anchor design and the latest engineering technology have made anchors not only better, but also lighter in weight. In tests conducted by the U.S. Navy, it was determined that the best holding anchors were among some of the lightest. Anchor design rather than weight has greater affect on holding power;and of course this applies to jetski anchors as well.
In the past steel was commonly used in boat anchors which dramatically increased the weight. Many materials are now stronger than steel. Aluminum-magnesium alloy is frequently used in anchors, and is stronger and much lighter than steel.
To get an idea of how each anchor type works we must know each of its parts and functions. The shank is the stem of the anchor in which direction is pulled to set (bury) the anchor. The crown connects the various parts of the modern anchor. The stock turns the anchor into an attitude that enables the flukes to dig into the sea bed. The optional tripping ring is used for tripping with a separate line, allowing the anchor to break out. The flukes will be buried into the seabed. The very tip of a fluke is sometimes called the bill.
There are six main types of anchor. They are the fisherman, the claw or bruce, the plow or plough, the fluke, the grapnel and mushroom. Each of these families has many anchors that relate to the basic design principle. For example the plow type named because it acts like a farmers plow, has the CQR and Delta which belong to this anchor family.
As for jet ski anchors, the most common designs are the grapnel and the mushroom. The grapnel is very light and requires very little space for storage. The mushroom is popular because it is relative inexpensive and has not sharp edges to puncture the hull, or worse yet, the skier. A deviation of the mushroom is the jet ski sand bag anchor. This anchor requires very little space and has no weight to it when it is empty. All it takes are some rocks and the anchor is ready to go. The Watecraft Superstore offers all three styles of jet ski anchors.
It is also very useful to have a jet ski anchor float as part of the system. This float allows the skier to leave the anchor in the water and go out for a ride. This can be very helpful in reserving ones favorite spot at the bar or beach once it has been claimed.
If you own a Jet Ski, Sea-Doo or other personal watercraft (PWC) you know that getting it in and out of the water is no easy chore. The Watercraft Superstore carries SportPort floating jet ski dock systems. SportPort provides a safe and stable platform for easy docking, refueling and engine flushing, even a wash and wax. After playing hard all day, just drive up on the SportPort (not too fast!) and you're docked. The non-skid deck provides stable footing while the multi-chine design offers minimum resistance when docking and launching. It makes a good fit for all types of watercraft including jet skis and boats. SportPort jet ski floating docks float with the tide and/or water level changes, so your craft is always ready when you are.
We can configure your SportPort floating jet ski dock to any location. Whether you have a sea wall, lake front property, an existing jet ski dock, or right in the water, you can get the right solution for your needs. Plus, with our docking accessories you can add boarding ladders, cleats, and many other options.
Why should I buy a SportPort floating jet ski dock over a traditional mechanical lift?
1) The Floating jetski dock is really fast and easy to come and go. In just seconds you can back off and you're boating. That's convenience.
2) Lower Initial Cost: Typically a SportPort is less expensive than buying a mechanical lift. They don't require expensive piling work, electrical work or in many cases even a permit. Just the installation of a mechanical lift can cost as much a SportPort floating jet ski dock.
3) Lower Long term cost: All those moving parts on a mechanical lift will require fixing or replacing at some point. A SportPort floating jet ski dock will cost less to own over time.
4) Its safer: Electricity, cables, pulleys and thousands of pounds of boat being raised or lowered are all things you need to pay attention to so no one gets hurt. A SportPort floating jet ski dock has none of that going on.
5) Less Maintenance: All those moving parts on a mechanical lift will require fixing or replacing at some point. When your lift is broken, you're probably not boating that day.
6) More Security: Most jet skis that sink, sink at the dock. A jet ski properly loaded on a SportPort won't sink.
7) Modular and upgradeable: Typically a mechanical lift is built for a specific size and weight of boat. If you change boats you may need a different lift. That can get expensive. A SportPort floating jet ski dock can be expanded to suit your next boat more cost effectively.
8) Resale value: It's easy to re-sell a SportPort because it can be used for any number of boats vs. a mechanical lift that was built for a specific sized boat. The cost to uninstall and then reinstall a mechanical lift will affect the value of that lift on resale.
Jet ski fenders are perfect for protecting your jetski when tied up to a dock. The fenders sold by the Watercraft Superstore are designed to custom fit the profile of most jet skis.. The fender bottom is shaped to hook under the bond flange for quick attachment. Flex areas on the fender provide a hinge action that allows the jet ski fender to conform to the shape of the jet ski. The jet ski fender features an inflation valve for air pressure adjustment and includes a suction cup and securing the line. The jet ski fenders are available in yellow, green, purple, red and white.